Contact Dylan Cope Pest Control for an appointment using the contact details below.
In Australia we have approximately 450 species of Cockroaches, and thank goodness only about 6 of those are serious pests.
Brown Banded Cockroaches
Smokey Brown Cockroaches
Cockroaches enter homes to find shelter, water and food. Once they have infested an area they can multiply quickly, posing a threat to your comfort and health. It is important to get rid of Cockroaches before a serious infestation occurs.
Cockroaches are known to carry bacteria that can result in food poisoning, diarrhea, allergies and skin rashes. They are also known to carry salmonella. In largely infested sites they really STINK, we are able to smell them when we are at the front door.
There are a number of ways that you, the homeowner, can help to prevent Cockroaches. Some of these include:
- Proper food storage
- Sealing holes and cracks
- Limiting moisture in the home
- Don’t leave unwashed dishes in the sink
- Starving them of food will greatly reduce Cockroach numbers
For more information on how you can help keep cockroaches out, please get in contact with us, we are happy to give FREE ADVICE.
When you engage Dylan Cope’s Pest Control, we assess the infestation and determine the best possible treatment for the types of Cockroaches in your home. Our treatments are perfectly safe for humans and pets and environmentally friendly.
Steps to Controlling Cockroaches
During your treatment we are looking for signs of Cockroaches. We look for live and dead cockroaches, droppings and egg capsules in areas that they are attracted to.
- Behind stove, oven, fridge, dishwasher, appliances, cupboards and sinks.
- Wet areas such as bathroom and laundry in cabinets and drawers.
If your dwelling has a subfloor or roof void, they are inspected to determine the extent of the cockroach infestation and treated accordingly.
Liquid, powder and baiting products are effective in controlling cockroaches but are
safe for humans, pets and environmentally friendly.
Liquid products are a tried and proven method used to control pests:
Benefits of Liquid Products:
- Bonds well to all surfaces
- Dries clear
- Won’t stain
- Residual lasts for many months
Dust products travel to where the pests hide into every nook and cranny. Wall and roof cavities are a real hot spot for cockroaches.
Benefits of Dust Products:
- Floats and bonds to cavity surfaces
- Flushes cockroaches out
- Fast acting
- Great residual, will last for months
Bait products can be applied in kitchens and bathroom cupboards, pretty much anywhere. It often removes the need for clients to empty their kitchen cupboards.
- Saves our clients hours of work
- Inconspicuous to the eye
- Remains palatable for months
These products are applied to:
Interior – areas treated
- Skirting boards in every room
- Cracks and crevices and cupboards
- Dust is used in the roof void and wall cavities, these areas are a hot spot for the larger cockroaches
- The dust offers great residual protection, the dust floats and covers every nook and cranny as the dust settles it bonds to every possible surface, making it a NO GO ZONE for Cockroaches.
Exterior – areas treated
- Perimeter walls
- Around doors and windows,
- Eaves and gutters up to the first floor
- Gardens and much more.
- If your home has a subfloor we crawl all the way in and treat cockroach harbourage areas. Whilst under your home we look for destructive pests or things of concern. Eg: water leaks.
- We know this is a space most homeowners don’t inspect; we will look after that for you.
Cockroaches – 6 months
German Cockroaches – 3 months Interior
Generally after a treatment you will see a lot more activity from cockroaches as they are dying and leaving the comfort of their hides.
Eventually, they will start to disappear around 2 to 4 weeks. From time to time you may see some cockroaches re-appear, be patient, as when they contact our products they will start to die, normally within a few days. If the problem returns so do we, under your service warranty.
Get In Touch With Dylan Cope Pest Control on 0400 739 462